Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Tablescapes Showcase

The post this week showcases the 2017 tablescapes. My goal was 52 tables, but I fell short due to the Hurricane Irma evacuation in September and the sudden illness and loss of my Dad.    I created 41 tables this year and I really enjoyed designing and styling each one.   It's hard for me to pick a  favorite as I love each one.   It makes me happy to walk in the dining area each day and see a pretty table.  I also use my table for breakfast and dinner each day so I really get to enjoy each creation.   I look forward to designing more tables in 2018.   I'm already planning the Winter Olympic Games, World Cup and the Royal Wedding table.   2018 is going to be a fun year of special and eclectic tables.  

Enjoy the review and please stop in for a visit in 2018. 


Featured tables in 2017
The tables above were featured on several tablescape link parties this past year.  It's a great honor to have others appreciate your creations and designs.   

The top three post of 2017

Red Right Return & Hurricane Irma had the most visit with 1,498 views. Within a few hours of posting this one at the end of September I had over 1,000 views.  For a moment I thought I had been hacked.   The place mats were made using a very popular Lilly Pulitzer print.  I shared the link on the Styling My Lilly Facebook page and it was very popular.  Sadly I was only able to enjoy this table for two days.  I put it up on a Sunday and by Tuesday I was taking it down in order to prep for Hurricane Irma and evacuation.  I will restyle it and use it again this coming year and hopefully no more hurricane visits this time. 

Winter Blues came in second with 568 visits.  This table was also featured on the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party  and the Make it Pretty Monday Link Party I love a blue and white theme tablescape. 
The Inauguration Dinner Party table came in third with 542 visits.  I enjoyed designing this table.  It was fun pulling our my wedding china and fine crystal for this one.   I am already planning the next one in three years and collecting items to use on the table.
The most comments 
Do You Want to Build a Snowman? was the first table in 2017 and it had the most comments of any of the blogs this past year.  It was a fun and simple little table that was inspired by several friends sending me pictures of similar tables. 
 Below are the 41 tables posted this past year. 
Jan - Mar 2017 

Apr - Jun 2017 

Jul - Sep 2017

Oct - Dec 2017 

Thank you to each and everyone of you that visited,  commented  and featured my post this past year.  I hope to connect with you again in 2018!  


Catherine 

This post is linked to the following parties: 
Home and Garden Thursday - A Delightsome Life
484th Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things - Katherines Corner
Home Sweet Home #352 - The Charm of Home
Grace at Home No. 280 - Imparting Grace
Wow Us Wednesdays #369 - Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style Link Party #151 - 21 Rosemary Lane
VINTAGE CHARM PARTY #114 - Our Hopeful Home
Pretty Pintastic Party #190 - Coffee with us 3
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday - January 6, 2018 - How Sweet The Sound
Dishing It & Digging it Link Party #182 - Life and Linda
Inspire Me Monday – Week 314 - Create with Joy
Amaze Me Monday #247 - Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
Make it Pretty Monday #237 - The Dedicated House
Celebrate Your Story! #110 -Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
The Scoop #308 - Stone Gable
406th Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life

11 comments:

  1. Catherine, each one of your tables makes for an inviting, fun dining experience. I have to say, the seaside tablescape really is eye catching. You must repeat this one and enjoy it. Hurricane season this past year was a stressful time for those of us who live in coastal areas. We were fine in central TX, but certainly had our share of rain and wind.
    Happy New Year! May it be a year full of pretty tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah. I will repeat the Red Right Return this Summer. I really hope the US and the Islands will be spared hurricanes in 2018. We've had enough to last a few years. Thank goodness you were in central TX and had no flooding or damage. The storms were strong and very damaging the past year. Thank you for stopping by and have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. They are all simply smashing. No pun intended. It is so exciting to plan out each table. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara and thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  3. Such creativity at the table! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your tables Catherine! I am going to sign up to follow you so I don't miss any!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenna! That really means so much coming from such a talented lady! It's almost game time! Roll Tide Roll!

      Delete
  5. Catherine, Happy New Year! I love this round up of all your fabulous tables. You're such an inspiration!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine, I've enjoyed, and been inspired by, your tables during 2017. I've been in and out of the hospital most of January, with pneumonia, so now I'm playing catch up for the posts I missed. But I always love seeing your tables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Joy! I'm sorry to hear you have been under the weather. So many people are ill this Winter. Hopefully you're on the road to healing and feeling better. Take care of yourself and I'm sending prayers for complete healing.

      Delete