Sunday, January 8, 2017

Winter Blues

Winter has finally arrived here in South Florida.  The cool weather inspired me to make a large pot of homemade vegetable beef soup for dinner.   It was in the low 40's here early this morning which is a big change from the 70 & 80 degree temps we had yesterday.   Hopefully the cooler temps will stick around for a couple of months.  It's a refreshing change.   My friends and family in North Carolina had a nice covering of snow this weekend.   The Winter themed table coincides perfectly with the change of weather.  It was nice to sit down for dinner tonight and enjoy the sparkle and cobalt blue while having a hot bowl of soup.  



The Set of three Illuminated Glistening Wax Trees by Valerie Parr Hill Collection from QVC are displayed on top of glass block.  I have a white lights inside the block to add sparkle.  The wax trees are currently available at a great clearance price. (Note: I added the Moravian stars to the top of the trees. They are candle holders and fit perfectly on the top.) 


The snowflake napkin rings are from Hobby Lobby. 

I found the cobalt antique compotes at a local show here in Pompano Beach a few years ago.   I love cobalt glassware and when I spotted these I knew they would be going home with me. 



The stack starts with a silver card stock snowflake that I found at Party City.   The dinner and salad plates are Blue Bliss from Cracker Barrel. The compotes are antique glass. 





I love the way the setting sun reflects on the blue glass. 

A nice hot bowl of homemade soup was perfect for this cool Florida evening. 

Catherine 

This post is linked to the following parties: 








21 comments:

  1. I like blue so pretty great job
    Have a a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'd have bought those cobalt blue compotes, too! Gorgeous table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I bought 6 for $16.00. Twice a year the town next door holds an event called Granny's Attic. It's like a indoor garage sale. The lady I purchased the goblets from deals in antique glassware and is there each time I go. I have purchased several items for my tables at this event at a steal.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous table Catherine. Loving the rich blue. Nothing was left off this amazing table.so many lovely dishes and accents. I hope this new year is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Wishing you a fantastic 2017!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blues! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning Catherine- thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I think you are inspiring me to do a Placescape(meaning one place)...yes, that would make me happy. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed this table and didn't want to take it down this week, but it was time to move on the next one. I cannot wait to see you placescape. I know it will be beautiful.

      Delete
  7. Your table is gorgeous. I love the snowflakes theme. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue and white dishes are my favorite. Your tablescape is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! I'm partial to blue and white myself. Thank you for hosting Vintage Charm!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous tablescape. Thank you for linking with us at #HomeMattersParty . We would love to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sahana! I hope to be back next week with a new table.

      Delete
  10. Your blue and white setting is so very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete